Sunday, November 13, 2011

Making life simple! Cutting tulle the FAST way!

So I recently have made two tutus!  One for an order and one for Lotte's Halloween costume.


For the Halloween costume, I bought tulle off of the bolt.  It is so much cheaper, and for Lotte, it's okay if it isn't perfectly cut.  I went to youtube and searched "cutting tulle from bolt"  there was a super great video tutorial HERE and I LOVE this lady because she saved me a BUNCH of time and effort.

I made the lady bug tutu before and didn't think about youtube-ing of googling the fast way to cut tulle from the spool.  So I think I'm pretty GENIUS for coming up with this.

I wanted an 8 inch tutu for a one year old.  So I cut a piece of cardboard 16 inches long {doubled}.  I made sure that it was wider than 6 inches.

I started the tulle at the very top of the cardboard and just simply flipped it around and around and around until the entire spool was wrapped around the cardboard.



I then took scissors and cut through all the layers of tulle at both the top and the bottom of the board.



I removed the board and had a beautiful and neat stack of tulle the exact length that I needed it for my tutu.


This made it super easy to keep the tulle really straight and "fresh".  I didn't want to send it out all rumply and crumply.


I hope this helps you shave time and hassle off of your tutu endeavors!

I'm linking up to these awesome hostesses this week!  Thank you ladies!!
Show and Tell @ Blue Cricket Design

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I wish I knew this before I made a tutu dress...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, that's so simple, but so clever. Thanks so much!
    Shiloh
    everydaygameplan.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Stopping by from somewhat simple. Knowing this will make my life so much easier! I love making tutu skirts for my daughter but the cutting takes forever! Thank you :) I would love for you to share this on my Friday link party too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, nice! My 2 year old daughter has asked for princess "dress 'em ups" for Christmas and this will make it so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I was trying to cut tulle fr a tutu project for my niece, and found you through google. This tip made my cuts so much straighter and MUCH faster!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...